Ist Ist 'Strangers' single review

I hadn't seen Ist Ist since their set at Clint Boon's Set 2 Go so I was interested to hear what they had been working on since- and I'm very impressed.

'Strangers' takes on the industrial and darker punk in its sound, making us think back to the days of Nick Cave and Joy Division. The direct and forceful tones paired with the whirring distortions create an atmospheric driving sound that builds tension throughout the song. With a Pixies-esque guitar sound and a strong, pulsating bass line, Ist Ist have constructed a memorable tune with it's heavy and driving repetition. The simple, yet effective, words sung in dark tones merge with the jarring, deep sonorous, giving 'Strangers' a dystopian overtone. I absolutely adore this song and I have no doubt it will be thoroughly enjoyed by all.


Follow them on:

Comments